1. Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside.
2. An NT box can be administered by an idiot, and usually is.
3. Don't drive faster than your angel can fly
4. Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens to be very selective about who it decides to make friends with.
5. Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity
6. Where do you want to go today? Same as every day.... Windows Update.
7. The bus station is the place where the bus stops. The train station is the place where the train stops. So if I have a workstation...
8. Linux is something for Windows haters, BSD is something for Unix lovers
9. If you can't vi it, it sucks
10. All computers wait at the same speed.
11. Windows: Just another pane in the glass
12. Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, Small minds discuss people.
13. "Well, okay. The network's the network, the computer's the computer. Sorry for the confusion." (Sun Microsystems)
14. Be conservative in what you generate, and liberal in what you accept
15. Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.
16. /var/log/messages: "Warning! /var running out of spac"
17. War is God's way of teaching geography to Americans
18. Being a System Administrator is like being the phone company. Nobody ever calls up to say 'you know, this thing works great. Thanks!"
19. IF YOU CAN'T SSH TO IT, IT'S NOT THERE, GOT THAT?
20. Any setuid root program that does an exec() somewhere is just a less user friendly version of su.
21. Only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it.
22. All programs are poems, it's just that not all programmers are poets.
23. Welcome to the Department of Redundancy Department.
24. It is simple to make things. It is hard to make things simple.
25. BSD was designed by Unix hackers to be Unix, and Linux was designed by a PC hacker to be _like_ Unix.
26. If you f*ck up BSD, it gets unsecure. Linux must be f*cked up to be secure. Windows must be secure erased to be secure.
27. When I answered where I wanted to go today, they just hung up
28. "Almost all security problems are simply a result of poor quality." (Theo De Raadt)